Sunday 20 February 2011

Semester B - Week 2

This week we had to take a significant day in our life/lives and create three pieces out of it: a poem, dramatic treatment (stage script) and fictional treatment.

As I'm not a fan of poetry, I put this back to the last minute but it seemed to come out okay, I suppose seeing as poetry is usually just written in a style which may people may call bollocks. After this post I'll be sticking up part two of this week's assignment and hopefully by the end of the night be able to stick up part 3 so here it is:

Lying on a bed
Travelling down a hallway
With tubes in my arms
And parents by my side
Sending me soothing words

Nervous but excited
Tired but awake
Curious but knowledgeable
And aware of what’s to follow
After I fall asleep

Waiting in a room
Surrounded by tools
A needle points towards me
And gently enters my arm
Before I know it, I’m asleep

Finally asleep
Surrounded by surgeons
It’s time to start
Cutting things open
With a sharpened medical blade

Move forward 4 hours
Eyes flicker open
Wondering where I am
I’m in a hospital ward
Sterile, white and cold

Gosh, I’m in G.O.S.H
Surrounded by fellow operationees
All attached to machines
Making strange noises
Bleeps and buzzes and hums

With wires in my head
And tubes in my arms
I’m unable to move
From this bed with locked wheels
And plain white sheets


Parents arrive at my side
Ask if I’m okay
Not okay but alive
But still extremely tired
And able to sleep for a day

I’m lying in bed
On my road to the cure
Of an epileptic life
To be free from worries
And able to have more fun

The road is long
This is just the beginning
But I’m willing and ready
To be attached to a machine
For the long week ahead

No comments:

Post a Comment