Sunday 20 February 2011

Semester B - Week 2 (Continued)

Here is the second part of my assignment described below. This is the dramatic script. I'm still not too good as writing for TV so this is far from my best piece but hopefully it'll get me somewhere in life.

Hospital bed is being pushed down the corridor by nurses dressed in blue uniforms.

Pete (laughing) - I’m getting my head cut open in 10 minutes. Can you film it for me please?

Nurse - We’ll see what we can do.

Debbie (Mum) - Be quiet now, and don’t worry. I’ll be waiting for you when you come out.

Bed is pushed into a small room and Pete is injected with anaesthetic. Counting down from 10, he falls asleep, ready for the operation.

4 Hours later

Pete’s eyes begin flickering open and he’s finally awake.

Pete (thinking) - Where am I? Who are all these people in these beds? My operation has just finished.

Nurse walks in with parents.

Mum - Are you awake?

Pete - (Mumbles)

An hour later Pete is wheeled back to his hospital room where he will spend the next week attached to a machine to monitor brain activity.
Grandparents are sat in the room, waiting. Both ask how it went.


Nurse - It went very well. We got the wires attached with no problems. Through the next week we’ll be taking records and checking all activity of the brain when he has a seizure then we’ll analyse and decide whether it’s safe to remove the tumour or not.

Family member - Are you hungry?

Pete - Yes.

A week of lying in bed with wires coming out of the head has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment